I think it’s important to note that some things are irreplaceable. Without them, things will just not be the same. No matter if there are millions of that one thing, you won’t ever be able to get that special one you once you had back. And this fact sucks. It sucks so bad that you may cry. You may cry and always compare everything else to what once was, but you eventually have to face reality. With reality, you may have to mourn or celebrate the experience or object, but eventually, you have to let go of the attachment and find a way to move forward. It’s not easy, but necessary to make room for a new thing. Not the same thing, but a new thing. A new normal.
So, today, I’m mourning the loss of a pinnacle item in my creative life, my beloved laptop. The way I’m going to do that is to share all the memories I had with it before I let it go. This may be absolutely too personal, but I need to thank it and I decided I would share in its celebration because there would be nothing worse than making my creative being suffer because of a series of unfortunate events.
Instead, my laptop would want me to find a way to post anyways and continue the creative and educational legacy we started from the day we met. So, before I start with my mourning/celebration process, I’d like to credit Tidying Up by Marie Kondo because watching her show will hopefully help me get this closure… although I can’t hug my laptop and hold it close….*Goes to cry for a second*. Also, I’m totally fine with being called dramatic for my processes. HOWEVER, I’ll always live in my truth, no matter how extra it may seem. Tuh! I’d also like to note that about a year ago when I blogged about a hard reset, this is NOT what I meant… Anywho, let’s get started…
- First and Foremost, thank you for being a reliable resource for me to get my thoughts out when physically writing wouldn’t do the trick.
- Thank you for the countless amount of hours we spent together watching The Office.
- Thank you for housing thousands upon thousands of my beloved pictures that I’m going to miss so dearly. My Pictures :-(.
- Thank you for helping me graduate from college!
- Thank you for helping me learn Spanish in order to go to Spain, TWICE!
- Thank you for being with me on late nights when I was looking and searching for my first internships and jobs.
- Thank you for always having my playlists ready to go on Spotify.
- Thank you for being a getaway.
- Thank you for handling my multi-tabs when my head was all over the place and I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do next.
- Thank you for being there for me on nights I couldn’t sleep and decided to start a new project instead.
- Thank you for holding some of my most precious thoughts and allowing me a blank canvas to create as I pleased.
- Thank you for being a tool that was utilized in my personal and professional growth.
- Thank you for always waiting to die until I found the charger.
- Thank you for being a superior computer that allowed me to be an efficient remote worker when needed.
- Thank you for being an encyclopedia of some of my most cherished moments…
- Thank you for teaching me an invaluable lesson because of your tragic loss…
- Thank you for lasting as long as you did, especially when sometimes I didn’t take care of you as well as I should have.
So, yeah, thank you Laptop. I’ll miss you and all the memories you held dearly. Maybe the universe will have you return to me unscathed. However, if that should not be in our future, thank you for everything and I promise to make sure I take care of my new bae better and back up everything…. Later gator.